Prayers Requested *** Update 5/10

Moderator: ACOT Employee

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1354

Prayers Requested *** Update 5/10

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Today is my Mohs surgery for the skin cancer on my face. Eeek! I'm asking for the power of Cherry Prayers today - I know you guys are powerful like that :) I'm looking forward to having this overwith but don't actually want to do it LOL! Also, is it bad that I'm a little annoyed that it's interfering with the scrappy time for NSD challenge deadlines??? LOL!!! Seriously, I'm sure this is a bigger deal in my head than it reality or at least I hope so. In any case, I thank you for your prayers, good thoughts, vibes, and love!! 

****Update 5/7

Thank you for the prayers and good thoughts and love everybody! I felt the love. The procedure went well but they had to go in 2x to remove all the cancer. I have been completely bandaged from the top bridge of my nose to my lip. I can't blow my nose and it's killing me LOL! Everything is wearing off now and starting to hurt. I think maybe we will just binge watch something the rest of the night. DH went out to get my antibiotics. Tomorrow I will be able to see what the stitches look like. I have been cleared to go back to work 5/29 but will prob wait til the first homestand in June. I have plenty of copy editing and scrapping I can do at home LOL!

Picture, when the Valium kicked in LOL! This was between the first procedure and the second.

***Update 5/8

Yikes everything has worn off and I don't look or feel so chipper anymore LOL. The good thing is the suffocating bandages are off and just have gauze covering the stitches. But my face is swollen and my left eye is almost closed - ack! How will I scrap? LOL! (Just noticed my feet didn't touch the floor in that picture - 5'3" LOL!) I did laugh out loud at everybody who said they would also be upset about the timing during NSD challenges! I do feel better LOL!

5/10 -- Yesterday my face & eye were so puffy I could hardly see. The swelling has gone down a bit today, but I am still icing it and taking Tylenol. Now that the swelling has gone down, I can feel the stitches more but can see better so I guess that's progress LOL? I did some copy editing and worked on some cards for some of the challenges. We are in sore need of birthday cards for May and June around here!
Last edited by scrappinmom99 on Fri May 10, 2024 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2429

Re: Prayers Requested

Post by emmapaige »

Prayers for you and your medical team. And praying for a quick recovery. ❤️🩹 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Flasher
Cherry Crush
Gallery: 319

Post by Flasher »

You've got 'em!  Sending you tons of positive thoughts and tons of support and tons of hugs.

You got this.

☺️
OCD is not an adjective.  It is not a personality quirk. It is not synonymous with being organized.  It is a complex and debilitating mental health illness that affects people of all ages and walks of life, and is defined by the presence of unwanted, intrusive thoughts and repetitive actions. 💙 I am an OCD warrior and I fight for my son. 💙

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2027

Post by MTCanuk »

You got this, Anne Marie.  Tons of love and positive vibes.  Big hugs today.  I know it’s scarey!
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1350

Post by VickiR »

Prayers and good thoughts for you, Anne-Marie.  Heal quickly!
Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 504

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Awww I hate when things interfere with NSD, too! Bless your heart, Hunny you've got ALL my prayers going up for you!!!
jcsmaestra
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 909

Post by jcsmaestra »

Prayers and wishes for an easy procedure and recovery.
Mary           Love is all around you.

ImageImage  Image Image Image

traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 750

Post by traveler »

I hope it goes well. thinking of you today.
Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1766

Post by aheatfan »

Sending heartfelt prayers your way that all goes well. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

scrappinmom99
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1354

Post by scrappinmom99 »

Thanks everyone! In the Uber now. I was trying to upload from my phone to ACOT and can't figure it out. At least it's something fun to focus on lol
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Jubilee
Gallery: 2130

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Prayers lifted for a successful and quick surgery. But, how dare they schedule it during NSD????? All kidding aside, you are in my thoughts!
ImageSusan  Image   Image  Image
Breauxlabs
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 780

Post by Breauxlabs »

Sending many prayers and good thoughts!!! 
Kim Breaux
ImageImage
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Gallery: 443

Post by DN in MN »

Thoughts and prayers for sure!  
2024 Layout goal ~ 6/100      2024 Word ~ FOCUS

QueenBee89
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 1663

Post by QueenBee89 »

Prayers! Hoping your procedure and recovery are as smooth as my Mohs have been!
~Brandi  :)

Follow me on Instagram! @scrappy.boymama 

Image Image
StacyLee
Cherry Garcia
Gallery: 922

Post by StacyLee »

Thinking about you today, Anne-Marie! I'm sure you'll do great, let us know when you can how it went.
Stacy

ImageImageImage

Scrapqueen141
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 953

Post by Scrapqueen141 »

Lord, I just pray that Anne-Marie's surgery goes smoothly and painlessly! I pray for wisdom for the doctors and that they are able to get all of the skin cancer so that she can rest easy! Give her courage to walk in and allow the doctors to take care of her. Thank you Lord for caring about Anne- Marie and for taking care of her. Amen
Image            ImageImageImageImage
Scrapbooking reminds us that life is good!
💖
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1037

Post by pawprints »

Hoping for a smooth surgery, a perfect outcome, and a very quick recovery for you Anne-Marie. I'm glad thinking about all the NSD things that you still want to do is a good distraction. Prayers and ((hugs) to you. You got this!

Image Image Image Image

Jessica Mikels
Sweet Cherry Pie
Gallery: 137

Post by Jessica Mikels »

Scrapqueen141 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 11:25 am
Lord, I just pray that Anne-Marie's surgery goes smoothly and painlessly! I pray for wisdom for the doctors and that they are able to get all of the skin cancer so that she can rest easy! Give her courage to walk in and allow the doctors to take care of her. Thank you Lord for caring about Anne- Marie and for taking care of her. Amen

Amen!
JessicaMikelsCreativeDesigns.com
Instagram: @
jessicamikels
YouTube: @Jessica.Mikels

Image ImageImageImage
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 5417

Post by Deanna13 »

Many Many prayers and hugs for you, Anne-Marie! Always so many different emotions just before a procedure or surgery. Hope it all goes well and you have a speedy recovery! 💖
Image Image ImageImage
stinkerbelle
Cherry Bing
Gallery: 661

Post by stinkerbelle »

coming in kind of late here, but definitely manifesting the power of the Cherries for you today!!  sending lots of healing vibes and happy thoughts your way  😊
*Stacy*  

Image  Image Image Image

Return to “General Talk”