Scrap a Day, May 8th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Gallery: 1037

Scrap a Day, May 8th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. In the mist of a thunder storm right now. Some really loud thunder and big flashes of lightning. Luckily the girls went out to potty and came in just as it started and the heavy downpour came. We are back up in my room right now and they went back to sleep. I have a layout on my table that is basically done that I did yesterday am I’m going to start on another one today. My cleaning ladies come later this afternoon so I have some picking up to do first and I won’t be able to work in my room while they are here. But other than that I’m good to go.

Have a great day Cherries.

Image Image Image Image

traveler
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 750

Re: Scrap a Day, May 8th

Post by traveler »

It's raining here today too, although I haven't heard any thunder. 

After the discussion of my roof the other day, I decided we should eat our takeout food up their last night. We got a beautiful sunset over center city:

and, in the other direction (Chris -  this image is for you) the small horizontal line is Citizen's Bank Park. And we were eating from the Venezuelan takeout place around the corner that a lot of the players eat at and occasionally they cater at the park, and they have become good friends with some of the players, especially Rojas. We pick up food from there all the the time and have never seen a Philly player there. 

On another topic,  47 people did step 3. Wow. I haven't counted steps 1 and 2 yet. And 44 people are eligible for sprinkles but that will be happening later.  You ladies are amazing.

The other exciting activity for my day will be laundry.

Have a great one!

Louise

Image Image Image Image Image

MTCanuk
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 2027

Post by MTCanuk »

Well, we do have snow outside this morning and it is 37* out. And the wind is blowing like crazy! I am so done with all this!  On another crazy note- suppose to be into the 70’s this  weekend.  Maybe planting will happen this weekend!  We shall see.  D D and I are off to a nursery on Sat. For their potted plant class.  Good to have some mother-daughter time before Mother’s Day!  

It’s cleaning day for me!  Vacuum, bathrooms, change the bed.  Then maybe creating time!
My room seems to be in more of a mess after yesterday, then it was all weekend!

ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Leslee

VickiR
Cherry Cropper
Gallery: 1350

Post by VickiR »

I was up at 5 this morning…we had some light rain and now we have sunshine! I’m at our favorite coffee house waiting for Katie. Then some errands and home to scrap.
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Gallery: 3686

Post by blbabe1234 »

trainmom wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:26 am

After the discussion of my roof the other day, I decided we should eat our takeout food up their last night. We got a beautiful sunset over center city:

and, in the other direction (Chris -  this image is for you) the small horizontal line is Citizen's Bank Park. And we were eating from the Venezuelan takeout place around the corner that a lot of the players eat at and occasionally they cater at the park, and they have become good friends with some of the players, especially Rojas. We pick up food from there all the the time and have never seen a Philly player there. 

On another topic,  47 people did step 3. Wow. I haven't counted steps 1 and 2 yet. And 44 people are eligible for sprinkles but that will be happening later.  You ladies are amazing.

Have a great one!

Gorgeous photos!!!!

Aaaaahh...no...YOU ARE AMAZING Louise. To come up with a challenge like the Progressive one...to write out steps for us to follow....that takes skill!

Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

ImageImage   ImageImageImage
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:40 am
Well, we do have snow outside this morning and it is 37* out. And the wind is blowing like crazy! I am so done with all this!  On another crazy note- suppose to be into the 70’s this  weekend.  Maybe planting will happen this weekend!  We shall see.  D D and I are off to a nursery on Sat. For their potted plant class.  Good to have some mother-daughter time before Mother’s Day!  

It’s cleaning day for me!  Vacuum, bathrooms, change the bed.  Then maybe creating time!

Snow in May! Crazy!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry
Gallery: 2429

Post by emmapaige »

pawprints wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:03 am
Hey Cherries. In the mist of a thunder storm right now. Some really loud thunder and big flashes of lightning. Luckily the girls went out to potty and came in just as it started and the heavy downpour came. We are back up in my room right now and they went back to sleep. I have a layout on my table that is basically done that I did yesterday am I’m going to start on another one today. My cleaning ladies come later this afternoon so I have some picking up to do first and I won’t be able to work in my room while they are here. But other than that I’m good to go.

Have a great day Cherries.

I guess we had thunderstorms much earlier but I slept through it. I guess being mostly deaf in one ear and wearing an eye mask allows me to sleep through those storms. Good luck starting on that second layout today.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage Image

Jolly Holly Scraps
Cherry Cola
Gallery: 504

Post by Jolly Holly Scraps »

Hey Cherries 😊 I've been up for a few hours now but I guess the storm woke me up lol I've had breakfast and coffee and meds but I feel a nap coming on haha! I've already played a couple games lol!
I've been crafting up a storm and expect to do more of that today! 😊
emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

trainmom wrote:

Have a great one!

What a beautiful sunset and awesome views, how cool to be able to spot Citizen's Bank Park! I think I mentioned yesterday that I decided to keep the fish tails because I prefer the look of them.

** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:40 am

Geez, 37 and snow and then in a few days 70’s. 

** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

VickiR wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:54 am
I was up at 5 this morning…we had some light rain and now we have sunshine! I’m at our favorite coffee house waiting for Katie. Then some errands and home to scrap.

Tell Katie “hi”. 😃
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

JollyHollyScraps wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:38 am
Hey Cherries 😊 I've been up for a few hours now but I guess the storm woke me up lol I've had breakfast and coffee and meds but I feel a nap coming on haha! I've already played a couple games lol!
I've been crafting up a storm and expect to do more of that today! 😊

Keep up the the crafting.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

Good morning cherries! Well, we all survived Day One of Project. Yesterday was probably one of the busier days as we also had the electrician doing his thing. He was in/out, and had to remove the lights we had in and around the carport as well as moving the ac adapter several inches. The girls did pretty well, all things considering. Their new puzzle toys kept them busy, which allowed me to work. DH is coming home in the middle of the day to see how things are going and if I need anything or what have you.

Today is just the contractors. They will be pouring concrete in a corner where its lower than the rest of the "floor" and start framing.

I wouldn't want to be out there though. Ugh....we received our first Heat Advisory Alert last night for today. Excessive heat index 110 plus. YUCK. On top of the haze from the Mexican/Central American agricultural fires. They do these every year, at this time, but we don't always get the smoke. But this year, we are, so I'm not going on my walks until it all goes away. It might be an irritant and not an allergen, but it still messes up with my sinuses, which in turn mixed with the heat gives me a headache. And of course, if I'm not careful, turns intoa  migraine....which it did yesterday evening. But I'm all better now. Last night's migraine was probably due to ALOT of other factors.

Work wasn't too bad yesterday, thank goodness. Today, we shall see. I do have a virtual work-related conference today from 10am to 6pm. Luckily what pertains to me starts at 11:30am and wraps up at 4:30pm. I'll have my laptop opened to the sessions while I work from my desktop computer.

Already washed bedsheets and put them back on. While I drank my coffee, I worked on my layout I started yesterday for Laura's Recipe Challenge. It's about 75% done. Maybe I can finish it later, who knows. If not, definetly tomorrow morning!

TTYL cherries!
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 488

Post by SandyJay »

trainmom wrote:

Have a great one!

Awesome photos!  I LOVE the progressive challenge!  I wish it was more than once a year, lol.  
Last edited by SandyJay on Wed May 08, 2024 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sue2024
Cherry Tart
Gallery: 1

Post by Sue2024 »

I was up real early.  3:45 am.  Husband had heard sirens to our West last night; guess that mess passed us by/went around.  Of all things, the first Tuesday of every month is siren testing.  It is sunny right now, but more storms may show up.

Might go make another cup of coffee soon, but our beagle is wedged next to me at present.
SandyJay
Cherry Bomb
Gallery: 488

Post by SandyJay »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:47 am
Good morning cherries! Well, we all survived Day One of Project. Yesterday was probably one of the busier days as we also had the electrician doing his thing. He was in/out, and had to remove the lights we had in and around the carport as well as moving the ac adapter several inches. The girls did pretty well, all things considering. Their new puzzle toys kept them busy, which allowed me to work. DH is coming home in the middle of the day to see how things are going and if I need anything or what have you.

Today is just the contractors. They will be pouring concrete in a corner where its lower than the rest of the "floor" and start framing.

I wouldn't want to be out there though. Ugh....we received our first Heat Advisory Alert last night for today. Excessive heat index 110 plus. YUCK. On top of the haze from the Mexican/Central American agricultural fires. They do these every year, at this time, but we don't always get the smoke. But this year, we are, so I'm not going on my walks until it all goes away. It might be an irritant and not an allergen, but it still messes up with my sinuses, which in turn mixed with the heat gives me a headache. And of course, if I'm not careful, turns intoa  migraine....which it did yesterday evening. But I'm all better now. Last night's migraine was probably due to ALOT of other factors.

Work wasn't too bad yesterday, thank goodness. Today, we shall see. I do have a virtual work-related conference today from 10am to 6pm. Luckily what pertains to me starts at 11:30am and wraps up at 4:30pm. I'll have my laptop opened to the sessions while I work from my desktop computer.

Already washed bedsheets and put them back on. While I drank my coffee, I worked on my layout I started yesterday for Laura's Recipe Challenge. It's about 75% done. Maybe I can finish it later, who knows. If not, definetly tomorrow morning!

TTYL cherries!
So glad that it is in the works, finally!  A little inconvenience and a big reward.  

aheatfan
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Gallery: 1766

Post by aheatfan »

Good morning Cherries, just stopping by quickly.  I am off today, taking YDS for a couple medical tests this afternoon. If you are the praying kind, please add him to your prayer list today. This mama is a nervous wreck.  Hopefully will be scrapping tonight after all goes well.  🙏
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"
ImageImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

Bad day yesterday but compared to others, I really shouldn’t complain. On a great note, or DGD Paige FaceTimed  us to show us her graduation gown and the different tassels she will wear. She is graduating with honors from Ole Miss on Saturday. They will be streaming a few different ceremonies so we will be watching from the comfort of our home.

We were supposed to have hair appointments this afternoon but she texted me late yesterday to see if we could go Saturday morning since her dad had passed that morning and she had to work on arrangements. I tried to convince her we could wait a few weeks but she wanted us to come Saturday. We’ve become very fond of her and maybe she needs the distraction.

I started on a layout yesterday but I was having problems printing but finally got two pictures printed.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

emmapaige
Chatty Cherry

Post by emmapaige »

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 10:47 am

TTYL cherries!

Oh my - I would totally melt in those temps. Please stay safe.
** Chris **

ImageImageImage Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 »

aheatfan wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 11:10 am
Good morning Cherries, just stopping by quickly.  I am off today, taking YDS for a couple medical tests this afternoon. If you are the praying kind, please add him to your prayer list today. This mama is a nervous wreck.  Hopefully will be scrapping tonight after all goes well.  🙏

(((HUGS)))
Brandy 🐾 🐾 ❤️

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”