Parawave Rapid Discussion Thread II

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RAPID Synthesizer

Yes, there have been bug reports. As mentioned in this or the other threads.

It got VST3 and Apple Silicon support added, whick is far more than most of my other plugins got. Considering it's sound, features and CPU usage, I'm happy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

SLiC wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:05 pm Has the synths stooped working or something?!
Yeahh.. Did you miss the time bomb ?

zeph wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:40 pm C'mon guys - we are flogging a dead horse here.

This software has been basically dead since about 2 years ago.

The developer may say its not - (if they decide to speak to their customers!!!!) in the hope that some new suckers buy the software. But the proof is in the fact, that there has been no decent update for about 2 years. They are not interested in developing this synth. If it were different, there would have been decent updates - or major communication on any forum with their customers. :x :x

Its time to face up to the reality - this is the end of the line for this synth.

Accept it and move on. :tu: :tu:
An update came out few months ago, have you been under the rock?

Teksonik wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:08 pm I'll post this again for those who missed it....

From November 2022:
Teksonik wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:24 pm
grdh20 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:04 pm abandonware...
I've been seeing this comment a lot, not just here but on other forums and social media as well such as this from their Facebook group:

Parawave 111922-1.png

So a few days ago I sent Parawave an inquiry through support and asked if there was anything I could pass along to help calm the fears of some users. You know something like "we're still working on Rapid, the future is bright" etc....

Instead, in their first response all I got was a meme with no other text:

Rapid Response.png

A subsequent response was just as snarky and ended with "you'll eventually get your update" (I don't need or want an update I would just like to know if the company is still supporting their product in case any stability issues should pop up). They did say that support for Rapid is continuing but their quite frankly surprising remarks have kind of put me off this company.
And here we are a year and four months later and they are still getting the same complaints. If you're going to blindly defend someone make sure they deserve it..... :wink:
I understand why Mirko got snarky, if the public wants to basicly lynch his creation for no feason why he should eat up all the snarky crap from the users? Users are acting selfish arrogant and needy.

Lbdunequest wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:44 pm
zeph wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:40 pm C'mon guys - we are flogging a dead horse here.

This software has been basically dead since about 2 years ago.

The developer may say its not - (if they decide to speak to their customers!!!!) in the hope that some new suckers buy the software. But the proof is in the fact, that there has been no decent update for about 2 years. They are not interested in developing this synth. If it were different, there would have been decent updates - or major communication on any forum with their customers. :x :x

Its time to face up to the reality - this is the end of the line for this synth.

Accept it and move on. :tu: :tu:
An update came out few months ago, have you been under the rock?
Can you not read my post - I said DECENT update - not just some maintenance update.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:54 pm
chk071 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:18 pm And, I'm perfectly entitled to post here, thank you very much.
No, you're really not.
Yes, I really am.

Are you seriously saying that I'm not entitled to post my opinion here? I'm wondering if I should have a word with the site moderators about that then. I don't know who or what you think you are, but, this is definitely going way too far. You are not the one to tell people what they are entitled to do here and what they aren't. Get that into your thick head.

Take as long as you want Parawave, it's worth it to wind up the entitled children on this board xD
Always Read the Manual!

Oh boy… Most commentators still believe that the bottom line is that people want a new skin or internal FX because they are bored by the lack of updates…

No explanation will help. There's a tower of Babel here…

There were no new features released for 2 years despite the roadmap, but there were updates with the most important ones: VST3, AS and new OS support updates.

MSEG is a nice to have, as is a more interactive UI (drag&drop). But even without this, RAPID is one of the best synths out there.

To me this says that they care about keeping it up and running, but lack time to work on the roadmap as much as they wanted too.

Dombaeb wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:11 pm Oh boy… Most commentators still believe that the bottom line is that people want a new skin or internal FX because they are bored by the lack of updates…

No explanation will help. There's a tower of Babel here…
There's also a lot of black/white here. I see a lot of people concerned and afraid, just because there are no updates for a few months now.

It's actually a pretty common thing that, after an initial phase of lots of activity, long term, software updates are rather small, and come less frequently. No need to panic (although that's also a totally common thing these days: panic and hysteria, over everything).

Well, MSEGs for example were promised over three years ago. And there is no indication even now as to when or even IF they will turn actually up.
I too think it not unreasonable for people who have supported Parawave (it is after all a top price VST) to express some concern at this.
Moreover there is quite a bit of evidence on these pages that Parawave do not really want to engage with those supporters.
You may regard that as acceptable; or not.
Personally, it simply means I would never buy from them.But others clearly disagree.

buzz1 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:06 pm I too think it not unreasonable for people who have supported Parawave (it is after all a top price VST) to express some concern at this.
Some of the "concerns" expressed on the last few pages:

"They don't care about their customers."
"The plugin is abandoned."
"They're missing in action."
"Rapid hasn't been updated since 2020."

Judge for yourself if that seems reasonable to you.

Of course, there are these others who ARE reasonable. But, they don't shout as loud, as usual.

The "concern" I mentioned was that a major set of promises (not just MSEGs) made over three years ago shows no current sign of being kept. And over that issue, such concerns are reasonable.

The money just isn’t there. If it was worth it they would do it. I am very happy with this synth one of my favorites, I wish they would offer more expansions, but the sales don’t justify it.

Return to “Instruments”